With the UK summer in full swing, we’re longing for freshness and food that makes us feel good from the inside out. Smoothies are a great way to cram in a vast array of vitamins and minerals, as well as using up any fruits and veggies that are looking at you longingly from the fridge drawer…
If you’re in need of an afternoon pick-me-up or fancy changing up your usual breakfast go-to, give this recipe a whirl.
- ½ of a frozen banana
- 2 generous handfuls baby spinach
- ½ an apple, roughly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 1 Persian cucumber (or ¼ of an English cucumber), roughly chopped
- 1 date
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 cup water
- Handful coconut flakes/chips, to garnish
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blitz until very smooth.
Pour into a glass and top with coconut flakes & enjoy!