The only way to end a lovely brisk walk through frosty parks or snowy countryside is with a steaming bowl of vegetable soup. This is one of our all-time favourite winter warmers. It is fully vegan, full of delicious root vegetables and a definite family pleaser. And all with less than 20 minute prep time!
1.5L vegetable stock
2 large potatoes
1 clove of garlic
salt and pepper
- Peel and dice the shallots and add to a large soup pan with the olive oil to fry gently.
- Peel and dice the carrots and potatoes.
- When the shallots have nicely softened, add the potatoes and carrots and season with salt and pepper and some of the thyme springs.
- Add in some chopped garlic and give the vegetables a good stir. Don't let the garlic catch as it can taint the entire dish.
- Pour over the vegetable stock and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Leave on the stove until the veg are soft- usually about 25-30 minutes.
- Once the mix has cooled, blend using a stick blender until nice and smooth. Adjust the seasoning and sprinkle over some of the remaining thyme leaves before serving.
- Enjoy piping hot with a great wodge of sourdough.
And if you enjoy this one, why not try giving some of our other delicious soup recipes a go?